Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Headed Home Sweet Home

Wow! What a crazy couple of days! Sunday was a lazy day-- my ankles & feet were so swollen I had to elevate them all weekend.  I went out for about an hour just to get out of the hotel room (I got a cute new pair of shoes while my feet were "normal",) but other than that I was at the hotel all day. It was definitely disappointing :-(

Monday- no big news there.


Tuesday- that was an adventure! My feet & ankles started to get really big again, so I ended up in the ER.  Not so enjoyable!  I was there for almost 9 hours only to be told that everything indicate's that I have a clot but they are unable to locate anything.  I was sent back to the hotel with an order for bed rest until Thursday.  They are extremely concerned that I may develop a full blown clot.  Now, due to everything, I am going home tomorrow.  I am excited to see Michael & everybody else, but I feel like a failure for not being able to stick it out down here.  I know that it's not my fault- but I can't help but feel guilty.  I really hope that this doesn't come back to haunt me.

So I got an emergency flight home for tomorrow afternoon, but the airline has completely different baggage regulations than the airline that I used before.  So I ended up having to go get a brand new carry-on bag for my trip home tomorrow.  I am still concerned that my checked baggage is going to be overweight & that my carry-on is going to be oversized!

Thankfully I am all packed up & mostly ready to go. I am going into work in the morning to tie up all the loose ends, then off to the airport for me!  I will be home in VT with Michael for the next week so I won't have internet access (which means no blogging!), but as of the 25th I'll be fully moved to PA & with my GABRIELLY!  

That's it from me...off to bed so I can get up early & check out of the hotel room!

No comments:

Post a Comment