Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Good Night in Florida


For the first time since I have been here, I finally enjoyed a bit of Florida!

Before I left work today I decided to ask the girls I work with where would be a good place to drive around for great views, since I didn't want to go back to the hotel room again.  The Lead DA, Heather, offered to take me around.  So, I agreed. What did I have to lose?  Nothing!  We had a good time...she took me across this amazing bridge with great views, down to the pier, we sat & listened to some live music, then went to dinner at this cute little restaurant where we got to sit outside to eat.  The weather was amazing & it was just a great night.

The day in general was pretty good as well!  Things are still really hectic at the office, and at moments I truly feel like I am going to lose my mind.  But the office girls got me lunch today (I'm pretty sure they didn't spit in it, hah) which was really sweet of them.  I can't wait until I hire another front desk girl so things aren't quite so hectic around here. The team is really starting to blossom & it's an amazing transition to watch take place, let alone take part in. If I can do one great thing here, it will be bringing the team together.  
Every day my confidence in myself as a manager grows, and I only hope that I can get my own office when I return home.  I am doing everything that I can to better myself & to prove to everybody that I deserve this position.  And if I can do it in Florida, I can certainly do it in Pennsylvania....what a tough market!

Anyways...for the first time since I've been here- not only have I enjoyed myself- but I am actually exhausted at a decent hour & ready for bed.  It feels really good to not have to pace around my hotel room trying to keep my mind preoccupied, and keep my heart (and head) from remembering how much I miss Michael.

So that's it from me.  I'm gonna attach some photo's from today to this post (although I do apologize because they are all mobile photo's, so the quality is not that great), read Gabby's blog so I can catch up on her life, and then straight to bed for me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment