Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Following in Gabby's Footsteps

So, I've decided to follow in my brilliant best friends' footsteps & start blogging as well.  As I am quite frequently in my hotel room alone, I figure this may serve as a temporary cure for my loneliness.  Since I can't spend all of my time IMing & texting, I am hoping this will serve as a somewhat more productive waste use of my time.

I am so  lonely here.  I am adult enough to admit it.  I do not know what in the world possessed me to tell Aspen, "Sure, send me to Florida for three months!"  I suppose the instinct to keep my job is probably what dragged me some 1,400 miles from home.  But it's hot, people are horrible drivers, there are huge bugs & gators & snakes & creepy crawly things...it's not so enjoyable.  And right now, tropical storm Otto is sitting off the coast, making me contemplate jumping in my little rental Corolla & driving back home ASAP.
  
And I miss Michael.  And Gabrielle. [And I have the inclination to start as many sentences with "And" as I can because every time I do I hear my fourth grade teacher in my head telling me not to do such a thing.]  I'm not the type of person meant to be away from those I love.  

I walked into a nightmare here.  Don't get me wrong,  it is absolutely beautiful here...but it's not home.  Nothing here even reminds me of home.  And all I want is to go home.  

Oh yes- and I miss Pacer.  AKA Parker [that one's for you Gabs.]  What I would give to snuggle with my puppy, let alone my fiance.  God I need to stop wallowing in my own self pity.  Okay. Done now.

Life is great!  Life is awesome!  There are palm trees
everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment