Saturday, October 9, 2010

Uneventful Saturday

I am so tired...what a waste of a Saturday!  Had to get up & work at 8am, which of course was no fun.  It's my first weekend in Florida & I get to spend it at the office.

Things were quiet today.  After work Heather took me to this incredibly huge flea market a few miles down the road.  Basically, you name it- you got it type deal.  I got a really pretty ceramic glazed starfish for our bathroom (which I can't wait to decorate!), and a small gift for Gabby.  I saw a bunch of stuff that I would love to go back & get when I have time.  Unfortunately they were closing as we were getting there so we didn't get very far.  But the entire market is so big, it's probably the size of downtown Rutland.  It's not at all what I expected a flea market to be like; and it was a lot of fun!  I will definitely have to check it out again.

Heather asked if tomorrow I would be interested in going to SantaBelle...so we may be day-tripping tomorrow.  I have to take it easy because I have extremely swollen ankles & footsies.  They've been really swollen since Monday evening, but last night was the worst.  My foot was so swollen & full of fluid I couldn't even wiggle my toes.  My mom is worried that maybe I am getting a clot since I have Factor V Leiden Deficiency, but except for being swollen I feel fine.  I guess I am not supposed to fly with this clotting factor, and if I do there are a lot of precautions to take.  However, nobody ever informed me of any of these precautions so I unknowingly walked (or flew, rather!) myself into a bad situation.  I called my primary physician & his on call doctor told me just to go to the ER, that swelling is a serious sign of a problem.  However, I am stubborn & have no desire whatsoever to go sit in the ER right now. If it gets worse I will definitely go...right now I am elevating my feet & keeping cool in hopes that it does the trick.  We shall see!
 
But, I'm going to go make myself dinner & relax.  I've been trying to upload all of my mobile photo's on my phone onto my computer...what a nightmare!  But i found some really beautiful pictures, some that were just ridiculous, some that were a complete throw back, and of course- some that made me miss home.  Soon enough...soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment