Friday, October 8, 2010

14.Days.

I go home in 14 days.  That is so far away...I am once again, completely & utterly homesick.
I've tried to keep myself distracted, but it's not working very well.  I was checking out Gabby's blog today & she had the most breathtaking pictures of Parker up there.  I am going to repost them here just because they are so incredibly gorgeous.  You should check out her flikr too...she's such an amazing photographer.
www.flikr.com/gabriellecoughenour


 
     Today was okay.  Just stressful all 
                 the way around.  I've really had 
 enough drama.  I've been keeping 
  my head up, but it's getting really 
    difficult.  I can't even take a 10 
    minute lunch break or go to the 
     bathroom in peace. It's so very
discouraging.



Discouraging is the last thing I need right now. 
 
Otherwise, nothing too exciting here.  Three guys at the hotel tried to get me to go out with them tonight...it was an extremely uncomfortable situation.  I hightailed it to my hotel room so fast!  I'm sure they meant well, but I am too naive & I am certainly not about to go hang out with three random dudes.I do have to say though, people down here are so incredibly friendly.  Everybody and their mother will walk up to you here & strike a conversation with you.  You would never get that in Vermont-- everyone would look at you like you had six heads. I ran to Walgreens after work, got some necessities.  I've decided to try & make myself as comfortable as I can down here since I am certainly going to be here for awhile.  There is certainly a lot down here to do & to choose from, so I need to at least attempt to be happy here.  I just wish every day wasn't so difficult...
Anyways...I took some pics of the hotel room & some other random things.  I am going to post them in a seperate post because for some reason, once I type over a certain amount the formatting on my posts gets all wacky.  So that's it for this one.  The next one, which I will do momentarily, will be primarily pictures of what I get to see every day!  Chin up Jessica...chin up... 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment